Crafting Magic at Home: Making Your Own Wax Melt Advent Calendar
The holiday season is a time of enchantment, filled with traditions that make this time of year truly special. One cherished tradition is the advent calendar, counting down the days to Christmas, creating anticipation and joy with each little door opened. This year, why not add a dash of creativity to your celebrations by crafting your very own Wax Melt Advent Calendar at home? In this blog, we'll guide you through the delightful process of making a unique and fragrant advent calendar that will infuse your holiday season with charm and wonder.
What You'll Need:
- 24 Wax Melts: Choose your favourite scents, keeping in mind the aroma you'd like to greet each day of December with.
- Wax melting: Ensure you have a safe and functional way to melt your wax.
- Calendar Base: You can use a wooden box, a muffin tin, or even a homemade cardboard structure to hold your wax melts or of course one of our advents https://www.randallscandles.co.uk/collections/large-advent-calendars.
- Numbered Labels: Create or purchase labels numbered from 1 to 24, one for each day, so you know what scent has been placed in which mould.
- Decorative Elements: Gather holiday-themed decorations like ribbon, tinsel, or small ornaments to embellish your calendar.
- Advent Calendar Design: Plan how you want to arrange your wax melts. You can use small containers, cupcake liners, or simply place them directly in your calendar base https://www.randallscandles.co.uk/collections/large-advent-calendars
Steps to Create Your Wax Melt Advent Calendar:
Note: Be sure to prepare your workspace, and if you're using open flames, exercise caution and follow safety guidelines.
Step 1: Choose Your Scents
Select the wax melts you want to feature in your calendar. You can go for classic holiday fragrances like cinnamon, evergreen, and vanilla, or get creative with unexpected scents like frosted cranberry or spiced orange. https://www.randallscandles.co.uk/collections/seasonal
Step 2: Prepare Your Calendar Base
Whether you're using a wooden box or crafting your own, make sure it has 24 compartments or spaces for your wax melts. You can also number these compartments if they aren't already labelled. At Randall’s we have designed and created advents ready for you to make your own https://www.randallscandles.co.uk/collections/large-advent-calendars
Step 3: Arrange Your Wax Melts
If you can’t pour directly into the mould then place one wax melt in each compartment, arranging them in your preferred order. Consider themes for different weeks or mix them up for a delightful surprise each day.
Step 4: Decorate Your Calendar
Get creative! Decorate your calendar with ribbons, ornaments, or any festive elements that bring out the holiday spirit. This step is a great opportunity to personalise your calendar to match your décor.
Step 5: Add Numbered Labels
Label each compartment from 1 to 24 with your numbered labels, corresponding to the days leading up to Christmas. This helps you keep track of what is going in what day so no doubling up.
Step 6: Begin the Countdown
Start your countdown on December 1st. Light the wax melt of the day, allowing its fragrance to fill your space. As the days progress, the anticipation will build, creating a unique and fragrant holiday experience.
Enjoy the Aroma of the Season
Crafting your own Wax Melt Advent Calendar not only adds a personal touch to your holiday decor but also allows you to savour the aromas of the season. It's a delightful way to enjoy the scents you love and create cherished moments as you count down to Christmas.
Give this DIY project a try and make your holiday season even more memorable with a fragrant, homemade advent calendar. It's a wonderful way to share the magic of the season with loved ones or to simply enjoy the scents of the season for yourself. Happy crafting and happy holidays!